Dear Valued Client,
We, Trefoil Partners Limited (“Trefoil” or the “Company”), wish to thank you for your continuous support. Trefoil will use your personal data (including your name, emails, telephone numbers, and addresses) to send you marketing communication such as direct mail, email, telephone calls, SMS, and facsimile containing news, offers, and promotions for our products and services.
If you wish to opt-out from receiving marketing communication from Trefoil, you may contact us via mail at:
Suite 1502, NPAC, 10 North Point Road,
or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Trefoil will cease using your personal data in direct marketing after we have processed your opt-out request.
We at Trefoil are committed to protecting your personal data and privacy.
Trefoil Partners Limited
20 March 2017
Notice to Clients of Trefoil relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”)
1. The data relating to a client may be used for the following purposes:
- Processing loan applications;
- Daily operations and credit facilities;
- Conducting credit checks;
- Assisting other financial institutions in credit checks and collecting debt;
- Ensure dependable credit for clients;
- Designing financial services or other related products or services for our Clients;
- Promoting financial services for our Clients;
- Determining the amount of indebtedness of our Clients;
- Enforcing the obligations of our Clients, including and without limitation to: the collection of amounts outstanding from Clients and those providing security or guarantee for our Clients’ obligations;
- Retaining for the purposes of compliance of any laws, governmental/regulatory body, supervisory body, or court of law;
- Enabling an actual or proposed assignee of Trefoil, or participant or sub-participant of Trefoil to evaluate the transaction intended for assignment, participation or sub-participation; and
- Any purposes relating thereto.
2. Data held by Trefoil relating to its clients will be kept confidential but Trefoil may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes set out below:
- Any agent, contractor, or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, or other services to Trefoil in connection with the operation of its business;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Trefoil, including a member of the same group to which Trefoil belongs, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- Credit reference agencies, and in the event of default, debt collection agencies;
- Any court of law, governmental, regulatory, or supervisory body; and
- Any actual or proposed assignment of Trefoil or participant or sub-participant of transferee of Trefoil’s rights with respect to the Client.
3. Under and in accordance to the Ordinance and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data approved and issued under the Ordinance, any Client has the right:
- To check whether Trefoil holds data about them and access such data;
- To require Trefoil to correct any data relating to them that is inaccurate;
- To ascertain Trefoil’s policies and practices in relation to the data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Trefoil;
- When related to personal finance, to be informed on request which items of data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies, and be provided with further information to enable the making of an access and correction request to the relevant credit reference agency or debt collection agency;
- In the event of any default in payment, unless the amount is fully repaid before the expiry of 60 days from the date of such default, the client is liable to have his account repayment data retained by the credit reference agency up to 5 years from the date of the final settlement of the amount in default; and
- Upon satisfactory extinguishment of the financing via full repayment and on the condition that there have been no defaults in excess of 60 days relating to the subject financing for 5 years prior to such extinguishment, to instruct Trefoil to make a request to the relevant credit reference agency to delete from its database any account data relating to the extinguished financing.
4. The contact to whom requests for access to data or correction or for information regarding policies and practices and the type of data kept on file is as follows: Data Protection Department, Trefoil Partners Limited, Suite 1502, NPAC, 10 North Point Road, North Point, Hong Kong, Telephone: +852.3725.0300, Fax: +852.3725.0301.
5. Nothing in this notice shall limit the rights of Clients under the Ordinance.
Money Lender Licence Number: 205/2017
Estate Agent Licence Number: C-071544
Warning: You have to repay your loans. Do not pay any intermediaries.
© Trefoil Partners Limited. All rights reserved.